Welcome....I hope you are hungry!!

This is the place to share my experiments. We strive to use ingredients around the house using mostly fresh ingredients.

If you try any of these creations and like, or dislike them, let us know!!



Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bacon and Mushrooms

While I am in the middle of training for the Surf City Marathon in February and both my wife are extending that training for the Way Too Cool 50K the first week in March, we were looking for something "meaty" for dinner.  To met this hankering I got a couple of Rib Eye steaks and wanted to do mushrooms.  To keep with the meaty theme, I through in some bacon and whola a new dish was born.

What you will need:

4 or 5 strips of applewood bacon gotten from the meat counter. (this provides the best flavor)
1 half medium onion - diced
2 cups of mushrooms ( your choice, I used the typical run of the mill white mushroom)

Slice the bacon into small pieces and put in a hot pan.  Cook until the bacon is almost crisp.  Throw in the onions and sweat them a bit.  Follow up with the mushrooms.  Cook the mushrooms until browned.

You will find that due to the  bacon fat, the meal is pretty filling by itself, but definitely provides a great addition to any meal.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment