Welcome....I hope you are hungry!!

This is the place to share my experiments. We strive to use ingredients around the house using mostly fresh ingredients.

If you try any of these creations and like, or dislike them, let us know!!



Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tasty Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms

Ever since I was a kid, I have loved brussels sprouts  My parents made them pretty simply by boiling them whole, then serving them drenched in butter. Simple but good.

However, I quickly learned when I married my wife that not everyone likes brussels sprouts.  In fact, she shares a common discription, they taste like dirt!

So I have played around with them in different ways and finally have found a great recipe that the whole family loves.

What you will need:

3 cups brussels sprouts, sliced in half
2 cups mushrooms, also sliced in half
1 cup white wine
2 tablespoons oil oil.
3 or 4 cloves of freshly crushed garlic
Salt to taste

Place all the ingredients in a pan.  Make sure you mix in the crushed garlic and oil.  Cover the pan, and bring to medium heat.  This will cause the wine to steam the sprouts and the mushrooms.  Let them cook for about 10 minutes, until the sprouts are tender.  Then remove the lid, allowing the rest of the liquid to cook out, stirring occasionally to caramelize the remaining wine.

Your sprouts should be slightly brown while the mushrooms are firm and not slimy.  Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment