Welcome....I hope you are hungry!!

This is the place to share my experiments. We strive to use ingredients around the house using mostly fresh ingredients.

If you try any of these creations and like, or dislike them, let us know!!



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oatmeal Berry Shake

Boy time flies.  I have neglected this blog for too long.  So to revive it, how about a nice Oatmeal Berry Shake?

This is a recipe I developed when the protein powder I got at Costco increased from $28 to $48.  I just can't justify paying that much when I can create something just as satisfying as well as healthier.  

The ingredients are as follows:


1/2 cup Trader Joe's French Style Organic Yogurt
1/2 cup Knudsens 2% fat cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups fat free milk
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 banana
1/2 of either Trader Joe's Fancy mixed berries or Organic Blueberries
2 cups ice
1 small handful of fresh baby spinach.
3 to 4 packets of Splenda

So basically you combine all the ingredients in a blender.  The key is blend the ingredients until the oatmeal will be suspended within the ice as well as completely chopped up.

Try other ingredients.  Other items I include to replace the berries include peaches, Trader Joe's pineapple tidbits, a tablespoon of peanut butter.  

The ingredients above will get you a shake that is about 500 to 550 calories.  By leaving out the banana you can reduce the shake by 100 calories.

I hope you enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment