Welcome....I hope you are hungry!!

This is the place to share my experiments. We strive to use ingredients around the house using mostly fresh ingredients.

If you try any of these creations and like, or dislike them, let us know!!



Monday, March 21, 2011

Product Review: 100% Whey Protein Powder

I am a firm believer that having a diet high in protein helps in so many ways.  Either in appetite control or exercise recovery, for me I try to have at least 150g of protein a day.  I typically start the day with a chocolate banana protein shake in the morning with my blueberries and oatmeal.  The problem is that protein powder can be expensive.

Over the past three years, though, we have been getting our Wellments protein powder from Costco.  With 25 grams of protein, it was a great way to start the morning. Each bag had 78 servings so it would last awhile.

Well as things typically go with Costco, they have changed their protein powder.  They now sell 100% Whey Protein Powder from Cytomax (the makers of Muscle Milk).  And to be honest, this is a nice change.  The powder dissolves very nicely.  There is no chemical taste and has a very smooth texture.  The powder has 27g of protein and has less cholesterol.  While it costs about $4 more a bag than the previous powder, it does have the 78 servings and tastes great!!!

This is how I make my shakes.  In a blender put:

1.5 cups  non-fat milk
1 banana
3 cubes Ice

Blend until banana is liquefied, add one scoop powder.  When added to the non-fat milk, there are 41 grams of protein in this shake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment