Welcome....I hope you are hungry!!

This is the place to share my experiments. We strive to use ingredients around the house using mostly fresh ingredients.

If you try any of these creations and like, or dislike them, let us know!!



Friday, May 7, 2010

Creamy Low Fat Desert

I use to eat a lot of ice cream. I mean a lot of ice cream. However, since my wife and I have determined to live a more healthy life, both in diet and exercise, I really don't eat much ice cream anymore. This desert handles the cravings and then some. It is low fat and high in protein and is perfect if you do a lot of long distance running or other activities.

It is very simple:

1/2 cup low fat, small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries or pineapple (or other fruit or berries)
5 packets of artificial sweetener

Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Enjoy!!! This is really a low 176 calories, 2.3 grams of fat, and 19 grams of protein. If you choose fat free cottage cheese , it drops to 156 calories.

Make sure you use the small curd cottage cheese. It makes the desert smooth and it tastes almost like you are eating cheese cake. And size wise, it is like a big bowl of Ice Cream

I am really cost conscious about the above ingredients. Normally I get the fat free yogurt at Trader Joe's as well as frozen blueberries. For the small curd cottage cheese, I recommend the 2% low fat Knudsen cottage cheese at Costco

No comments:

Post a Comment